Red Light: Consider moving to cash and lower risk assets, preserve value.
Yellow Light: Consider balancing lower risk and moderate risk assets, avoid higher risk assets, seek moderate return.
Green Light: Consider increasing higher risk assets, seek higher return.
Current Investment Headwinds:
- Pandemic becoming more complex, with variants of unknown economic impact
- Federal Reserve signals unwinding of quantitative easing and the beginning of a rising rate cyle
- Slow economic growth in Europe and China, China tensions increase
- Low Yield on Bonds and Fixed Income
Current Investment Tailwinds
- U.S. corporate earnings – returning to historical highs
- Rebound in the Labor Markets, lower Unemployment Rate
- New disruptive technologies may increase productivity and lower cost of doing business
- Supply chain constraints being addressed
- U.S. households hold historic cash positions, may be invested in the markets.
- Congress adopts the bi-partisan Infrastructure bill. Congress may pass a slimmed down Build Back Better bill, with fewer tax hikes than proposed.